Saturday, December 9, 2017

Delivering Security Insights with Data Analytics and Visualization

In early December, I gave the keynote at the ACSAC 2017 conference in Orlando, Florida.

In the presentation I look at a number of topics around using big data for security. I start by showing what big data looks like for security, how the history of using security for big data is tightly linked to the progress in big data itself. I talk about machine learning and artificial intelligence and show some of the limits and dangers of how we currently apply machine learning in security and how we can apply data visualization to help analysts better understand data. I then go on to peek a little bit into my magic 8 ball to see how security big data environments might look in the future and finish the presentation with posing a few challenges to the community about security for big data problems.

The post Delivering Security Insights with Data Analytics and Visualization appeared first on Security Boulevard.



from Delivering Security Insights with Data Analytics and Visualization

No comments:

Post a Comment